If you run a small business and things are not as good as they could be, digital marketing is an obvious choice, yet to the average person, this is a world of mystery. We thought we would outline a few common errors that business owners make when carrying out digital marketing, to help you achieve success.
- Failure to Understand – If you throw your money at a digital marketing agency, you might get lucky, yet if you understand the strategies and tools used, this will help you to make informed decisions when it comes to choosing how you market your business online. If looking for Google Ads in Perth or Sydney, it pays to have some basic knowledge about how Google Ads work, then when your SEO partner tells you of their plan, you will have a clear understanding of how your money will be used.
- Undervalue Digital Marketing – If you are of the opinion that online advertising is an optional extra and only feasible when you have a big advertising budget, you might have been right 30 years ago. Every single business should be striving to create a strong online profile and presence, as the world turns digital and if you are not spending money on search engine optimisation, you are missing out.
- Expecting Miracles – If you imagined waking up the morning after you start the SEO agency to find your website number 1 on organic searches, forget it. Every business sector is extremely competitive and when implementing SEO strategies, things take time. Some SEO agencies will guarantee to put your website on the first page of Google search results, a bold claim that can be achieved with the right people on the project.
- Track Record – The SEO industry is performance based and any leading SEO provider would have an impressive client list, so when you are looking for some SEO work, make sure you’re dealing with a leading agency.
- Aiming at the Wrong People – Using the Internet as a platform, there are many digital outlets and sending your message out in an uncoordinated manner will result in many consumers seeing your ads that are not in your market.
Platforms such as LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook have a diverse range of users and an essential aspect of any digital marketing plan is to clearly define the target groups you are aiming for, only then can you discover where these groups spend their time when online.